Saturday, January 9, 2010

The year that went by

Well I know I am little too late with this.. But then better late than never :).. So 2009 (one of the best years I have had) has gone by and 2010 has had an equally good start.. :)

some happenings in 2009:

-I'm MBA : Donno how relevant it is and how much it has enhanced my knowledge, but all said and done, its a good degree to have in hand. As one of my friend puts it "MBA" is one degree than strengthens your matrimonial profile ;)

- Corporate life. : My company is one of the biggest brands in the world, and all said, I kinda love my work. At the end of the day, its about how much I'm taking back. Money is good and so is the learning and so are the friends

- New city new life. I move from Jammu to Goa for education.. Now Goa to Mumbai for work.. Since all my life I have stayed in small "peaceful" laid back cities.. the experience was challenging and exciting.. Today I can proudly say, that I love mumbai.. I feel good about the rush and the speed of this city.. Because this is one city which proves to you .. If you are ready for it.. you can control your life and own your destiny

- Independence: With job came independence, ability to take control of my own life.. Nobody now questions my decisions.. Parents now offer suggestions and don't issue "directives".. Parents have moved from that role of the "guardians" to more of friends with whom I can be honest and share what I feel.. But I miss being questioned and asked.. But then isn't it something.. isn't the independence that I have craved for all through!

The feeling that I got when first salary was credit in the account was jus brilliant.. I suddenly had moved from a "cost centre" to a "revenue centre" (in finance terms)..

Other than this, I made amazing friends through the year at work.. Its brilliant to have good people around life just becomes amazing..

But the year wasn't without regrets.. I am sure I will learn from them and move ahead.. In the end.. its our mistakes that teach us more :)..

No comments: